Criminal Record Check – Which check do you require?
A criminal record check is provided by through an Accredited Body, such as Worker Checks, who operate with the Australian government departments, depending on he type of check.
Which Check can Worker Checks Provide:
All police checks can be obtained online through Worker Checks, as follows:
- Australian Federal Police Check (AFP Check),
- National criminal History check (formerly known as a Australia National Police Check)
- Overseas or International Police Check
All applications can be completed 100% online.
Please note, applications should be submitted as and when needed with a designated provider. They should not be submitted to multiple NPC providers in the hope of retrieving a different result. All accredited bodies access the same system to view police records, and will retrieve the same information in equal time.
Australian or Federal Police Check? What’s the difference ?
In most instances (such as employment), you will only need to obtain a National Criminal History Check.
The Australian Federal Police (AFP) can provide AFP police checks for:
- People seeking employment with the Commonwealth Government
- Work-related checks due to legislation or regulations
- Industry-specific standards/compliance requirement (e.g. Banking and Financial Services Industry)
- People who reside overseas
- Overseas employment
- Residents of the Australian Capital Territory (ACT), Jervis Bay Territory and external Commonwealth territories
How long does a police check take?
- National Criminal History Check– within 60 minutes*
- AFP Check – 10-12 working days
- International Police Check – 10-15 working days
*70% of police checks are processed and available in your Worker Checks portal within 1 hour. However, 30% of the time, applications are flagged for further processing, known as ‘manual review’. For more information on Police clearance delays please read this article.
Traditional application processes can include trips to the post office, formal signed sightings of your identification, potential mistakes on your paper forms which leads to additional time and possibly more money spent on a new application, as well as the standard waiting times of many weeks for your certificate to arrive by mail. We offer fast, convenient and affordable criminal record checks for both individuals and for our corporate clients.
How can I get more information on a Police Check?
Choose Worker Checks™
Why should I use Worker Checks for my National Police Check?
Worker Checks provides police checks online – both Australian Police Checks and International Police Checks.
Application is 100% online – including online identity verification, with support available.
Worker Checks Pty Ltd:
- is an Accredited Body with the Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission (ACIC).
- Authorised to access the National Police Checking Service.
- have been assessed and approved against strict security and compliance requirements.
- is the industry leading standard in fast, online secure police checking service.
Highly Secured Data
Is my police check data safe online?
Workerchecks.com is powered by our proprietary blockchain enabled certificate engine. (Nominated for the prestigious Lloyds List awards in 2017 & 2018 – see blockchainmate.com
Both employees can be assured that their personal information is safe – and employers can rest assured that each police check certificate with authentication feature contains original and true information.
Read more about how we use private blockchain technology to provide the highest level of security for your sensitive personal data – Worker Checks private blockchain protecting your Police Check personal data